WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
Neurodiagnostic Technology Institute is open to any qualified student who has a genuine desire to join the allied healthcare field. No qualified person will be excluded from enrollment based on age, race, gender, disability or national origin. Applications should be submitted at least sixty days prior to the first day of class.
If you're wanting to kickstart your career or get a new one... earn a good income and be in a well respected profession, we may be your first step in realizing that!
We have a flexible and affordable solution for you to get the education you need.
To be qualified for the online courses of the Neurodiagnostic Technology Institute program you must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years old; or, if under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the Enrollment Agreement. All applicants must be at least 18 years old prior to beginning the first course.
- The applicant must be a high school graduate or have achieved a GED.
- Official academic transcripts for the highest level of formal education achieved must be provided.
- A valid government-issued photo identification must be provided.
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission and pay application fee.
- Provide official scores from the ACT, SAT, ACCUPLACER, or PERT assessments on an official transcript dated within 2 years of the application for admission. The following applicants are exempt from this requirement:
- Applicants who possess a college degree at the associate level or higher;
- An active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Services; or
- Applicants who entered the 9th grade in a Florida public school in the 2003-2004 school year, or any year thereafter, and earned a Florida standard high school diploma.
Clinical Site Admission Requirements
The Institute will work with you to identify an approved clinical site for your externship and will help you collect the documents needed to fulfill the Externship Requirements.*
Your Externship gives you a hands-on learning experience under the supervision of EEG Technologists in approved, local, neurological testing facilities. The Institute will help place you in an learning environment which could be located in a hospital or neurological facility. Externship locations have varying needs for health certifications depending on the types of patients they serve. Applicants may be asked to provide some or all of the following documents:
- Submit the Certificate of Health form provided by the Institute and signed by a physician which verifies you are physically able to perform the functions of an EEG Technologist.
- Pregnant students must also obtain a separate health declaration letter signed by an obstetrician.
- Provide proof of certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. Information about courses in your area can be found on the American Heart Association website or by contacting your local hospital.
- Provide proof of current immunizations on the form provided by the Institute..
- Provide a negative drug screening in accordance with the instructions provided by the Institute..
- Pass a background check in accordance with the instructions provided by the Institute.
- Provide proof of health insurance.
- Some facilities require students to purchase professional liability insurance.
These admission requirements are for your protection and the protection of the patients and employees of the hospitals, clinics, and private practices where you will be learning. Your application will be reviewed once all documents for the Online Course Requirements have been met.